Home Support Service
Most of us would prefer to remain living in our own homes during later life. After all, home is where the heart is. Here at Age Concern Exmouth, we can help you to do this with our Home Support Service.
Our service is centred around your individual needs and you are in control - you decide on the frequency, duration and timing of your visits from us.
We currently cover Exmouth, Lympstone, Budleigh, Woodbury and surrounding areas in East Devon.
Home Help & Cleaning
Our Home Support Assistants will take the time to get to know you and how you like your home to be kept to ensure that it is a pleasant and safe environment for you. Our team can cover the full range of domestic tasks, including:
- Vacuuming and cleaning carpets/flooring
- Bathrooms - toilets, baths, showers, sinks
- Kitchens - work surfaces, fridge/freezers, ovens, sinks, washing up
- Assistance with your laundry - washing, drying and ironing
- Changing your bed sheets
- Taking out the bins
- General dusting, polishing, tidying and organising
- Making meals for you or with you
- Doing your shopping for you or doing it together
- Garden maintenance such as weeding.
We believe in offering a flexible service - if you need help with something, you need only ask, and we will do our best to support you.
Through working with our community, we've found that many of our clients don't necessarily need a lot of help, but perhaps would like a companion to support them to continue living a life that still fulfills them.
Elderly isolation is all too common, and a condition that is strongly linked with a decline in emotional and physical health. Age UK statistics reveal the unfortunate reality that 1.9 million older people in the UK often feel ignored or invisible.
Life can be different, and together we can change things for the better.
You decide what you need from our companionship service - as our client, you are at the centre of what we do. The following are just some of many things that our Care Assistants can help you with:
- Enjoying a chat over a cup of tea
- Going out for lunch or for a coffee
- Heading out for a walk - perhaps to the seaside or around a garden centre
- Going to collect your pension, prescriptions and support with other errands
- Medication reminders
- Transportation and support with appointments
- Attending leisure activities - we have seated yoga, singing, a coffee morning, Scrabble and Whist at our centre.
For further information on how we can help you or a loved one, please contact Natalie, Jude and Viv (Home Support Team) on 01395 271242 (Option 2) or 07598 398027.